Supplier
Enablement

The Real value of S2P modules presumes maximum level of e-collaboration between buyers and suppliers. Most companies apply the 80-20 rule, ensuring 20% of their key suppliers are brought onto their eco-system electronically. But what if you could enable 100% of your suppliers without any supplier fees? On day one?

Advantage

How we
Help

Consus supplier enablement offers you the resources and expertise you need to enable and access all suppliers.

Supplier onboarding,
registration and connectivity

  • We handle all supplier onboarding and registration – all suppliers active in the last 18 months, for example.
  • We gather supplier data (category, invoice, spend, location) for data-entry purposes into the S2P platform and for classifying suppliers and determining enablement path.
  • Success criteria are defined: e.g. number of catalogues and percentage of electronic POs, electronic invoices, and suppliers electronically enabled.
  • We then classify suppliers based on their technical maturity – punch-out, Static, cXML, EDI, Portal, giving them multiple connectivity options such as invoice data capture for OCR scan, mobile scan, and user data entry
  • We contact suppliers for detailed credentials around their above classified domain such as user details, punch-out url, PO URL, and buyer domain and identity.
  • In parallel, we align our supplier and buyer stakeholder groups that will need access to the connectivity. Stakeholder buy-in and communications are core to any major change program. Program governance ensures that monthly dashboards outline success against the previously established measures.
  • We determine the supplier enablement path. As always, our delivery uses Agile Methodology components. We determine which suppliers will go-live on the S2P exchange in sprint 1, sprint 2 etc., based on the technical maturity and overall spend volumes.

We conclude the connectivity process through a final configuration and test process.
This connectivity then enables buyers to engage with suppliers either for sourcing new competitive quotes, uploading their contracts into catalogues, or automating invoices and payments.

Catalogue Management

Effective catalogue management is essential to maximizing the benefits of your S2P solution. If the products and services you need aren’t in the system, the solution will be bypassed, leading to the loss of spend transparency, which is precisely what you wanted to avoid when turning to a S2P solution. Catalogs also need to be updated in terms of goods and services, current prices, terms and conditions, and classifications on a regular basis.

Consus offers two options. Your suppliers are provided with an easy mechanism to manage information, allowing them to manage uploads of products and services, along with negotiated prices. Alternatively, we can handle catalogue management and uploads of renewed price lists or items.

We also maintain and update the supplier database, ensuring there are no redundant entries and inactive suppliers.

Training

In many cases, lack of understanding is the biggest obstacle to efficient use of any service, which leads to intense resistance to change, both from buyers and suppliers. We offer extensive and ongoing virtual and classroom training and support, which is essential to widespread adoption of the S2P solution.

What you
get

  • You increase your spend-under-management
  • Maximise buyer-supplier collaboration with no fee charged to supplier
  • No supplier contract requirements – open supplier network
  • Once a supplier is activated on one module (for example, sourcing), it is available for engagement across all other modules (e.g., contracts, catalogues etc)
  • No technical entry barrier for any supplier to engage with you – it could be a direct integration, a PO flip, an email, mobile scans, invoice data captures, manual flat files and file transfers. They can pick any one
  • Capture invoices electronically

success story

Good Food Manufacturer
Enabled 250 suppliers in 3 months

Used punch-out/static content and EDI/cXML/portal technologies to enable suppliers contributing to 80% of total spend within 7 months. Also added the rest at 20%. And all this at 0 cost to the suppliers.